Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Enhanced View of Total Lunar Eclipse, with Stars

I ran across some beautiful eclipse images this morning that showed the fully eclipsed Moon with stars showing in the background, and realized my data probably had stars too if I stretched them properly.  Sure enough, the stars are there.  So I processed a bit and this is the result.  I’m going to have to create a Photoshop action so I can do a bunch of these and perhaps redo my movie, but for now, here’s a sample.  


Date: 2:05 AM MDT 15 Apr 2014
Subject: Total Lunar Eclipse 
Scope: 9 x 50 Finder/Guider
Filter: None
Mount: CG-5 (Synta motors, PicGoto Simplificado at Lunar rate)
Guiding: none
Camera: Meade DSI Ic
Acquisition: Nebulosity 3.2.1
Exposure: 0.4 s at 100% gain
Stacking: none (single frames)

Processing: demosaic and square in Nebulosity.  CS6 Levels 0.0, 5.04, 58, layer mask; Saturation +51, layer mask; Levels 0, 1.20, 197, layer mask; Astronomy Tools astro frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment