Thursday, March 27, 2014

Updates to PicGoto Veroboard Layouts for Voltage Control

27 Mar 2014.  I realized I have not posted my updated Veroboard layouts for the PicGoto Simplificado that go with the voltage controller (see this post for layouts), so here they are.



This is the solder side, showing the trace cuts.










This is the component side.  The positive input of the voltage control board connects (through a 100 ohm resistor to pin 9 of the 16F628A) to the "V Ctrl" pin on the bottom trace, and the negative input connects to the ground pin next to the LED (and I guess I haven't actually shown that pin, but you can see a bunch of places you could put it-any of the grounded traces would work).

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Great Blog, thanks.

    My PICgoto++ is built on one of Angel's boards. It's seen better days but runs cold at 4v tracking and 12v slew. I only have an old Skyscan 2001 mount which is quite tight, but I can still make 130x on RA and 100x on DEC. My next move will be to try to increase the slew rate with annular mass on the shaft (Jacob Chuck, ;~) ) and then try
    up to 18v.

    Thanks for sharing your build.

    Phill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phill,

    Thanks for your comment. You get the prize for first comment ever on this blog. I'd certainly be interested in your PICgoto++ layout if it is something you are willing to share. My Spanish is pretty much nonexistent and my Simplificado board has worked well since I installed it so I haven't felt a strong need to make any changes, but the PICgoto++ looks to be more capable and is clearly the route that any new developments will take.

    David

    ReplyDelete